As you’re probably aware, the HP TouchPad is now available for $100 – A $400 discount from it’s original price. And let’s be honest, we all want it running Android. So, to speed up the porting process, we’re offering a bounty! With built in Wifi, Bluetooth, etc, it’s a perfect tool for enhancing DIY projects, especially those using the Arduino!
- 9.7″ screen
- 1.2 GHz processor
- 1GB memory
- 1.3MP camera
- Become a sponsor: Contact us now!
|Basic Android Port||$950 – Increase this amount! Contact us!||HacknMod.com, Anonymous|
|Dual Boot with WebOS||$300 – Contact us to sponsor!||Sponsor Needed!|
|WiFi||$350 – Increase this amount! Contact us!||Transformative-applications.net|
|Audio||$100 – Increase this amount! Contact us!||Linology Networks|
|Camera||$300 – Increase this amount! Contact us!||BestOnlineCasinos.org|
|MultiTouch||$100 – Increase this amount! Contact us!||StoryBoard Solutions|
|Fastboot/ADB/Bootloader||$100 – Increase this amount! Contact us!||Linology Networks|
|Recovery||$100 – Increase this amount! Contact us!||Linology Networks|
How to get the prize (
Complete one (or several) of the tasks above and let the world know! Post your source code on GitHub and paste links to your pictures and videos in the comments below (or email us). All work must be documented under an open source license. The first person or group to successfully complete a fully functional task above wins the corresponding prize. The only condition is that your port must have a user-friendly installation process (such that the average user can easily install it).
Not sure where to start? Join one of these groups!
- “Basic Android Port” – The stock Android homescreen and apps boot. Touchscreen works, full offline app functionality is present.
- Android 2.x.x required – Honeycomb preferred.
- Audio, Camera, Multitouch, etc: Full or nearly-full functionality required. Only quality ports will be rewarded.
- Fastboot/ADB/Bootloader Support – Development and documentation of a method for flashing test/dev Android system images
- Recovery – Development of a working recovery mod for the Touchpad