In this tutorial, we’ll be showing you how to watch a live feed from your webcam on your iPhone or iPod touch from anywhere in the world.Ã‚ Setup is pretty simple, basically just download and install a windows program and the necessary app and you’re ready to stream live.
What You’ll Need:
How to Setup your Streaming Webcam:
- The first thing you should do is download “i-c-livecams” from the app store and install WebcamXP Pro on your computer. Of course, be sure your webcam is plugged in and you see your webcam’s live feed on webcamXP.
- Click the web/broadcast tab on WebcamXP to show you your IP address and the port that it’s using.
Setting it up:
- On your iTouch/iPhone start up i-c-livecams.
- In the private icons section select your iPod or iPhone’s name. (Ex: my ipods name is “Matt’s ipod”)
- Choose “Add a new WebcamXP Camera”
- Fill in your IP address and your port with the correct information from the web/broadcast tab on WebcamXP. You can name your camera anything you want, if you set a username and password on Webcam XP then also fill in the correct information.For example: Name: Living Room Host or IP address: 0.0.0.0Ã‚ port: 80 Camera #: 1
If all of the information you provided on i-c-livecams was correct you should now be online and watching the live feed on your ipod or iphone.