None of us enjoy paying the absurd prices we have to pay for monthly cell phone service. Finally, there is a solution! Most networks have a feature allowing you to call a certain number of contacts, on any network for free, anytime. We’ll exploit this feature allowing you unlimited free cell minutes!
- Sign up for Google Voice – Google Voice allows you to consolidate multiple phone numbers, but it also allows you to make free calls!
- Once you’ve signed up, adjust your settings as shown in the picture above. This displays your Google Voice number on all calls, enabling free calls.
- Depending on your carrier, this still will vary:
Verizon: Currently they offer a friends and family plan allowing you to pick 5 to 10 numbers you can call for free.
AT&T: A new feature for AT&T, the “A-list” is just like Verizon’s offer, allowing you to call 5 to 10 numbers for free.
T-Mobile: myFaves is T-Mobile’s version, allowing you to call 5 numbers for free.
Sprint: Sprint created a similar service called Pick 3 which may only be available to some customers.
- That’s it! Just add your Google Voice number to your carrier’s free calling plans to access unlimited free calling!
Definitely an incredibly useful hack with potential to save you a ton of money. For more cell phone hacks, check out our favorites below:
Our Favorite Cell Phone Hacks:
- How to Make your own Ringtones
- How to Shutdown your Computer with a Cell Phone
- Email Text Messages to AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc.