Usually when you need a component for your next project, you go down to your local Radio Shack and pay ridiculous prices to acquire what you need. Forget that – Go to these companies, simply request free samples, and they’ll send you free parts.
- Free Project Boxes and Enclosures – PacTec and Serpac
- Free $20 Stainless steel push buttons – Bulgin
- Push Button Switches – Sorenson
- Peltier Plate (one side hot, one side cold) – Melcor
- LEDs are more difficult to find for free. Try here or buy them here (100 for $7)
- Free Integrated Circuits – Texas Instruments and STMicro.
- More free switches – Apem, NKK and eSwitch
Generous sample giving companies are listed below. Basically all you have to do is find their request sample buttons or just go to their contact us page and shoot them an email.
Also, just head on over to GlobalSpec (they index all sorts of companies) and type in the component you need, they’ll spit out hundreds of companies that supply that part, go to their website and contact them for free samples. Here’s a quick search I did for switches. If all else fails, no big deal, just head on over to Ebay, they have a ton of parts for way cheaper than Radio Shack or Home Depot.