Combine a high voltage electrode and a motor and you can create an electric force field around your laptop. Note that all these photos are real, no photoshop. The pictures are all single shots and effects are produced with long exposure.
The photos above show the ZVS flyback supply driving a 4 stage CW multiplier. It is capable of 5 inch sparks but is shown here with half of that. These photos display how the rotating setup swings the sparks in a ring around the laptop, while maintaining a safe distance from my face.
- Why stop at a laptop, why not guard your entire car?
- Or use Electric Beams of Death to guard your home.
Follow this sequence to recreate the pictures. Read more about the project.
- The rotating electrodes are turned on. The shot is done in darkness.
- Trigger the 10 second camera exposure using a remote control. The indirect flash goes off and this provides a natural color background to give normal skin tones.
- The orange filter is put in place (colored acrylic held in front of the
lens). Everything from now on will be orange ie sparks and computer screen,
complete with orange shadows and reflections.
- Sparks are turned on and remain on for the duration of the 10 second
exposure during just over a full rotation of the electrodes.. The sparks, now
orange, will be added to the exposure.