All you need to make your own DIY security system with hidden outdoor cameras is the garden lamp housing, network cables, screws, and of course theÃ‚ IP cameras which you will put up to keep a track of what is happening outside. Today we will tell you how to can prepare such a camera on your own to build a DIY security network.
You may also enjoy our similar posts:
- Build a Motion Activated Spy Camera
- How to use RFID to Protect your Beer & Valuables
- See all of our security projects.
How to build your own:
Once you have all your materials, you need to remove the reflector from the dome. You will find that the reflector is attached with screws on both sides. Simply unscrew the screws and open the reflector. Next, Remove the rubber seal from between the holder as you will need to place the camera in between that and attach it with the cable.Ã‚ If you’d like, you can check the full project details here.
Getting things ready for use
- Prepare the tube with the help of the screw as the cables have to pass from inside the tube so they’re safely hidden. A hole needs to be made in the tube from where the wires can come out for connectivity purpose. This hole should be a little large so that it is large enough to pass the power connector of the camera.Ã‚ Note, we sell several types of security webcams in our store than can be adapted for this project.
- While connecting the wires be vary careful not to cut the colored wires.Ã‚ After the garden light has been prepared, the power adapter needs to be connected. Find the positive and the negative connection and then attach the wires to the camera. Always try to use the RJ45 power connector as this is the safest connector for such a project.
Finally the camera needs to be mounted and attached and your IP security system is ready for use. You can monitor various areas outside your home.Ã‚ There are plenty ofÃ‚ software available which can be used to check multiple cameras from your computer.