Using some piezo sensors, this DIYer created some DIY midi drums for the Arduino. All it takes is a handful of the sensors and a few resistors to put together. He’s already assembled the soruce code, parts kit and detailed instructions so you can easily make one yourself. The piezo sensors can be used as buzzers but at the same time can also detect “knocks” or vibrations. When you strike each drum pad, a voltage is generated based upon your impact force.
- You’ll also enjoy our Top 40 Arduino Projects of the Web
Here are the basic materials you need to make your own Midi drum:
- Wire to connect piezos (speaker style wire is OK)
- Auto body thin metal sheet
- Spray glue & epoxy (or hot glue)
- Tape or heat shrink tubing