If you’ve ever watched MythBusters, you’ve probably heard of this stuff. Ballistics gel closely simulates the density and viscosity of human muscle tissue and is used for testing the performance of firearms ammunition – This ain’t your average Jello.
- A thorough tutorial with plenty of photos, bullets and carnage to teach you how it’s done.
- This tutorial is from a more official source, Firearms Tactical, and includes details of where you can purchase all sorts of ingredients.
- This twenty step tutorial holds your hand through the by step process of mixing your own concoction.
- Here’s a basic overview of the mixing process, but doesn’t go into much detail.
- Finally, we have another “official” tutorial from an ammunition manufacturer.
Below is a video of bullets being fired into a slab of ballistics gel. It gets better as the video progresses.