A NXTway-GS robot is a self balancing two wheeled robotic toy built using the Lego Mindstorms robotic kit. Think of this hack as the NXTway based version of the self balancing Segway-like robot we had covered earlier. This hack is for the NXT enthusiast and the guy who likes to do things with his Wii.Ã‚ï¿½ The project blog takes you through the programming needed to hack the NXT firmware and teach the robot some new moves.
What you will need:
- Lego Mindstorms NXT with OSEK firmware and the NXTway-GS program loaded.
- A Wiimote.
- Ubuntu and Bluetooth modules.
- The Python script to parse the Wiimote data and send it to the Lego NXT.
The hack covers the programming and the firmware upgrades through three steps:
- Enhance the firmware of the NXT and upload the nxtOSEK open source code to create the operating environment.
- Set up the remote connection between the NXT and a laptop.
- Install the software to interface the Wiimote with the NXT.