Setting up a dual-monitor stand or using a TV/monitor combo are great ways to save space, but neither ares as sleek as having a PC hanging on you wall and being able to control it using an XBOX 360 controller or an iPhone app.Â Why would you want a PC hanging on your wall? We’ll tell you why:
- Takes up almost zero space
- Itâ€™s cheap, only need an old unused laptop and cheap frame
- Digital picture frame with online syncing
- Dedicated video game emulator with wireless controller (NES, SNES, Genesis, Playstation)
- Control music, watch movies, watch TV
- Security web cam or video conferencing
- Looks cool, good conversation piece
Learn how to convert an old Sony Vaio laptop and to create this picture frame PC. (Link has been removed, the site is down) It can now be used to emulate video games, a digital picture frame, or watch TV.Â Basically, you just remove excess casings and unnecessary components of the laptop, flip the base behind the screen, and apply a matte finish over the screen before securing it all snugly inside of a picture frame.
The Insides of the Picture Frame PC
The materials aren’t really that complex either. For the most part, you just need a USB wireless adapter to pick up the XBOX 360 controller and some other optional parts such as a TV tuner should you want to use it as a TV.